How to use tasks
Tasks are used to bulk edit prices in your store. They're powerful and flexible. Here're some examples of what you can do with them:
Increase price and compare at price for the whole store by 10%
Decrease price for selected collections by $10 and override cents
Set new price and compare at price for selected products
Restore original prices before discount for products on sale
Increase product cost per item by 20%
Set product margin to 75%
You can make the following actions with price:
- Don't change price - skip changes to the price for this task
- Increase price - increase the existing price by percent or amount
- Decrease price - decrease the existing price by percent or amount
- Set new price - override existing price with new value
- Set to compare at price - restore the original price before discount
Compare at price
Compare at price is a field in Shopify that is used to show the crossed-out amount next to the discounted price. It shows the original price of the product before the discount.
You can make the following actions with compare at price:
- Don't change compare at price - skip changes to the compare at price for this task
- Increase compare at price - increase the existing compare at price by percent or amount
- Decrease compare at price - decrease the existing compare at price by percent or amount
- Set new compare at price - override existing compare at price with new value
- Set to price - sets compare at price to old price (use it to set discounted price)
- Reset compare at price - removes compare at price value
Both price and compare at price allow you to override cents when you're increasing or decreasing price. You can override cents with the new value (eg .99):
Or round to the nearest value:
You can apply changes to:
- Whole store
- Selected collections
- Selected products
- Products on sale - use it when you want to restore the original price for products on sale
Choose which products should be excluded from Sale. If you don't want to apply sale to already discounted product select Products on sale here.
Once you create a task it will take some time for us to apply changes to products in Shopify. The speed of change depends on how many products you selected. You'll see the progress indicator next to the task in the list.
Once the task is completed you can view full details on which changes have been made.
The app keeps a searchable log of every single price change that it makes.